Welcome

Welcome to the TTC Newmarket blog. You will find information you need for choir, like where to be and when.
You will find links to videos of songs, and words to songs. Stuff we talk about can be posted here, and pictures of us, and even videos of us.

Saturday 5 January 2013

Preparing for Performance: Sunday March 24, 2013

My dear Teen Choir,

TTC, Trinity Teen Choir, was such a hit at our performances last season that Trinity wants more of us!

I hope that's okay with everyone. We were planning on one performance per season (winter/spring), but it looks like we're going to do at least 2 each season.

We've been asked to lead the Palm Sunday Procession! They love our energy and want something cool and energetic to really capture the joy and excitement of Jesus's entry into Jerusalem. Who better for the job than us? And, I think I've found the perfect music. It's from the musical, Jesus Christ Superstar.



Palm Sunday is the Sunday before Easter: Sunday, March 24 this year. Please mark your calendars.

I've got some good ideas for other songs to sing that day, and Heather and I are working on the music for us to learn and we've got some just-for-fun music lined up for our Tuesday nights too.

Victoria and Soraya let me know which songs they like and want to sing and you can too. Send me an email and let me know what songs you like. I will review them and if they don't have inappropriate language or subjects then I can get them and prepare the lyrics for us.

I hope your Christmas Break was fun and revitalizing. I hope you had lots of opportunities to go outside and play in the snow and be silly. I'm glad we're all going to be back to school and work though. I look forward to working with you on our new music and learning and growing with you, but I look forward to dancing and being silly with you too!



Yours in harmony,

Renate

No comments:

Post a Comment