Welcome

Welcome to the TTC Newmarket blog. You will find information you need for choir, like where to be and when.
You will find links to videos of songs, and words to songs. Stuff we talk about can be posted here, and pictures of us, and even videos of us.

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Different kinds of music express things differently


I saw this post on Facebook today that I wanted to share with you but there were too many f-words. I cleaned it up a bit here without taking it out completely because I wanted you to see this. It's funny but true. Why do rappers and punks have to swear so much?! My sister had me listen to a metal song that repeated the f-word ad nauseam too. Really nauseating. The samples are interesting. See what they're trying to say about how each genre expresses itself. 

I think that we have to be careful about what kinds of music we consume, in the same way that we have to be careful what we eat. 

We are what we eat, and we are what we listen to (and watch, and read...). 

It's okay to have greasy fries once in a while, but we need a good balance of lots of healthy things. Variety is good. And, there's lots of good music in lots of genres. I would worry about you if you just listened to Emo all the time. Ouch. Tummy ache for sure. Pop all the time would be like drinking pop all the time. 

Listen to other kinds of music and see how it affects your moods and attitudes. It's powerful. Ask your friends what they like to listen to while they study, or when they're sad, or when they're cleaning their rooms. What does your mother listen to? Compare notes. 

Here's the edited Facebook post:

Different Music Genres
“I saw a flower.”
Rap:
Yo! I was hangin’ with my muthaf*ing homies and we saw a muthaf*ing flowa’ in a muthaf*ing garden.
Pop:
I saw a flower. I saw a flower. I saw a flower. It had blue petals, blue petals, blue petals…
Rock:
In a field where nothing grew but weeds, I found a flower at my feet, bending in my direction.
Emo:
I came across a flower, but it F*ING DIED!
Metal:
AARRRGHSCHHHHHHDGIRRRRRRGGGG! FLOOOOOWWWWEERRRRRRR! AGGGSCHYZGHRRK IN A FIELD!
Country:
I was ridin’ a tractor and I was drinkin’ a beer, but then I saw a purty little flower, and I said, “Hey, yall, its one a them flowers!”

No comments:

Post a Comment